Structuring a franchise and bringing a franchisor’s vision to life is an intricate process. Franchise businesses are traditionally adept at creating their brands, but often miss opportunities to protect their competitive advantages, which include intellectual property, real estate matters and more. Understanding the subtle – but critical – implications of your every business move is how we do our best work.
We represent a range of established and emerging franchisors in several franchise sectors such as retail, food service, hospitality and commercial services.
Our Franchise Law services include:
• The establishment of franchise structures
• Master franchise agreements
• Dispute resolution
• Enforcement of non-competition and restrictive covenants
• Compliance with consumer protection legislation
• Labour and employment issues
• Real estate matters
• Intellectual property protection, including obtaining and protecting and licensing trademarks